Tuesday, March 15, 2011

December 10, 2010: The Day It All Began

It was a Friday morning. I sprang out of bed… I never spring out of bed. We had barely begun trying but I knew something was different. I was late. I was never late. I had to take a test. Chris was still sleeping but I couldn’t wait. I needed to know one way or the other.  Sure enough the test was positive. I felt this rush of excitement like I’ve never experienced before. I quickly contemplated hiding the test and telling Chris after work so I could surprise him and we could have the rest of the weekend to celebrate but I couldn’t do it. I ran out of the bathroom and jumped on the bed and screamed “I’m pregnant!!!”.  It took a few seconds for him to wake up and realize what I had said, but when it finally hit him, we laughed, we cried and rubbed my belly to let out little Nugget know we couldn’t be happier.

No comments:

Post a Comment